Governor Brown Hails US-UK Innovation Forum
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today welcomed leaders of the US and UK technology and content industries with the declaration: " California is open for business" at the 2013 Innovation Forum hosted by Founders Forum and UK Trade & Investment.
Governor Brown said investors from around the world recognized the entrepreneurial spirit in California's technology, media and telecommunications sectors.
He was speaking to business-leaders gathered for the 2013 Innovation Forum, co-hosted by the Founders Forum, the UK business network group, and Universal Music, the world's leading music company.
Delegates were also addressed by Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, alongside UK Trade Envoy Lord Marland; Lucian Grainge, Chairman & Chief Executive of Universal Music Group; Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia; and Will.I.Am, the musician, entrepreneur and philanthropist.Will.I.Am told the forum that next generation technologies would completely transform future audience demand, media consumption habits and use of digital platforms. The Innovation Forum aims to foster more collaboration between established industry leaders and entrepreneurs. Joanna Shields, CEO of Tech City - London's digital business hub - urged delegates at the forum to seize the opportunity to forge new business links. As part of the two-day meeting, a number of participating companies conducted pitches about their business innovations and offered insights into how US and UK business models were evolving in the technology and content sectors. Lord Marland, the UK trade envoy, predicted the event would extend the US-UK special relationship into new areas of corporate activity. The Innovation Forum LA 2013 is delighted to be supported by Universal Music Group, UK Trade & Investment, Lepe Partners, Tech City UK, Jaguar, Rightster and Shazam.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV