IDEX Corporation (NYSE: IEX) today announced its financial results for the three- and twelve- month periods ended December 31, 2012.
Full Year 2012
- Orders increased 7 percent compared to the prior year (+3 percent organic, +5 percent acquisition and -1 percent foreign currency translation).
- Sales increased 6 percent compared to the prior year (+3 percent organic, +5 percent acquisition and -2 percent foreign currency translation).
- Adjusted operating margin of 18.4 percent was up 30 basis points from the prior year.
- Adjusted net income of $224 million, which excludes a preliminary non-cash pre-tax impairment charge of $198 million and pre-tax restructuring charges of $32 million, represents an increase of 5 percent compared to the prior year adjusted net income of $214 million.
- Reported net income of $38 million, which reflects the previously mentioned charges, represents a decrease of 81 percent compared to the prior year reported net income of $194 million.
- Adjusted EPS of $2.68 was 12 cents, or 5 percent, higher than the prior year adjusted EPS of $2.56.
- Reported EPS of 45 cents, which reflects the previously mentioned charges, represents a decrease of 81 percent compared to the prior year reported EPS of $2.32.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $438 million, which represents a record and an 8 percent increase from the prior year, was 22 percent of sales and covered interest expense over 10 times.
- Record free cash flow of $295 million, which represents a 30 percent increase from the adjusted prior year, was over 132 percent of adjusted net income.
- The Company completed the repurchase of 2.2 million shares of common stock for $90 million in 2012.
Fourth Quarter 2012
New orders in the quarter totaled $482 million, up 8 percent from the prior year period. Sales in the quarter totaled $491 million, 2 percent higher than the prior year period. For the quarter, on an organic basis, orders were 5 percent higher and sales were flat compared with the prior year period.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts