REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Outright along with Page Mage Inc., eBay Radio, Stamps.com, Terapeak and Kabbage will be hosting two free webinars for eBay® sellers. Join Laura Messerschmitt and Cliff Ennico, experienced financial-industry experts, to help you learn about and understand your income taxes when you are selling on eBay.
April 15 th can strike fear in the hearts of many eBay sellers – but it doesn't have to be that way. In part one of this two part series, Laura and Cliff will take you through the basics of what you need to know for completing your Schedule C and handling your 1099-k. Part two will go more in depth on key topics and is intended to be an intermediate-level class.
A few of the things you'll learn:
- The whats, whens, and hows of income taxes for eBay sellers
- How to handle the 1099-K you received from PayPal
- Is selling on eBay a "business" or a "hobby", and does it matter?
- Calculating your income from selling on eBay
- Common deductions that eBay sellers take
- Self-employment tax
- Estimated taxes and how to calculate them
- Tax issues for the larger eBay seller
- Overview of sales and use taxes
- Tax issues when dealing with "drop shipping" and consignments