Feb. 4, 2013
, the global leader in business audience marketing, today announced that the company generated more than
in revenue in 2012, ending the year with an annual run rate of over
. The company also announced that it is supporting two-thirds of the top 50 B2B brands, along with several other key achievements that underscore the central role Bizo now plays in how B2B marketers reach their target audiences online.
Key 2012 milestones that fueled the company's growth include:
- Increased customer base over 50 percent – More than 600 leading brands are now using Bizo's Marketing Platform to target their online programs to the business professional audience. New customers in 2012 include General Electric, Nissan, Virgin America, Box, Wells Fargo, eBay, Eloqua, Prudential, General Motors, SAP, Genworth, Porsche, Allianz, Waste Management, Docusign, Intacct, Marketshare, Concur Technologies, EVault and On24.
- Grew headcount by nearly 70 percent – Bizo grew headcount to over 80 employees in 2012, adding staff across roles and geographies.
- Increased publisher partner ecosystem by 110 percent – In 2012, Bizo expanded its publisher partner ecosystem to more than 4,200 B2B websites. New publisher partners include NBCUniversal, CondeNast, FoxNews, Financial Times, ACBJ and Globe and Mail.
- Integrated with all leading Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs) – Substantially increasing distribution of its business audience data, Bizo is now working with all major DMP providers including BlueKai, Adobe, Krux and Lotame as well as DSP providers Turn, AppNexus and Google BidManager.
- Closed $10 Million Series B – In April, the company closed an equity financing expansion round led by new investor Crosslink Capital, and existing investors Bessemer Venture Partners and Venrock to expand the company's sales and marketing efforts and extend its platform to support customer growth.
The company also significantly expanded its platform in 2012, launching new solutions designed to help marketers reach their prospects at every stage of the B2B buying process, including:
- Bizo Social Ad Targeting – Bizo integration with LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter enables clients to reach target prospects on social networks.
- Bizo Self-Service Edition – This new self-service solution for SMB marketers enables them to manage their B2B social marketing and display ad retargeting campaigns from a single platform.
- Bizo CRM Retargeting – CRM Retargeting gives Bizo customers the ability to target online display ads to prospects that are already in their CRM or Marketing Automation system. This solution is available for any in-house prospect database.
- Bizo Company Targeting – This service enables marketers to run focused online display campaigns against targeted accounts.
- Bizo for Marketing Automation, Eloqua Edition – This integration enables customers to manage targeted, personalized display ads from within Eloqua to nurture known and anonymous leads.
"We have been executing on all fronts this past year at Bizo, from expanding the business with multiple new strategic partnerships, to introducing new lines of business and growing our publisher ecosystem. Our model has also enabled us to command margins that are nearly twice the industry standard, which has allowed us to invest significantly in our employees and customers," said
, CEO of Bizo. "We plan to keep our foot on the gas in 2013. We have aggressive hiring plans and major product innovations coming down the pike, as we weave Bizo's audience data even more tightly into the B2B marketing stack."
In 2012, Bizo was ranked #86 on the Inc. 500, was 13th on the San Francisco Business Times Fast 100 List and was recognized as an AlwaysOn Global 250 "Company to Watch." The company was also named a SIIA CODiE Awards finalist and was awarded the DataWeek Social Analytics Top Innovator award at the DataWeek 2012 Conference & Expo.