Republicans To Unveil Changes To Wis. Mining Bill
Under the Democrats' bill, 70 percent of tax revenue on iron sales would go to local government, with the remaining 30 percent earmarked for loans and grants to businesses within 100 miles of the mine. In the Republican proposal, 60 percent of tax revenue on iron sales would go to local governments near the mine, with 40 percent going toward loans and grants for businesses.
The Democrats would continue to allow public challenges to be filed during the process, while the Republican bill would bar challenges until after the DNR makes its decision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV