RIVER EDGE, N.J., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nephros, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: NEPH), a commercial stage medical device company that develops and sells high performance liquid purification ultrafilters, today announced that the company has entered into a bridge loan and security agreement with Lambda Investors LLC, an affiliate of Wexford Capital LP and the company's largest shareholder.
On February 4, 2013, the company issued a six-month 12% senior secured note to Lambda Investors in the principal amount of $1,300,000. The company expects that the proceeds from the note will allow it to fund its operations into May 2013.
Under the terms of the note, the company has undertaken to conduct a $3 million rights offering of common stock at an anticipated offering price of $0.60 per share. All of the company's stockholders and warrantholders will be eligible to participate in the offering on a pro rata basis based upon their proportionate ownership of the company's common stock on a fully diluted basis. The company expects to commence the offering in March 2013 following the filing of its Annual Report on Form 10-K. The note requires the company to repay the bridge loan with the proceeds from the rights offering or any other financing transaction.
In connection with the proposed rights offering, Nephros will file a registration statement on Form S-1, as may be amended, with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"). The securities offered in the rights offering may not be sold, nor may offers to buy be accepted, prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities, in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to their registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV