LYNBROOK, N.Y., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ: BSTC), a biopharmaceutical company developing first in class collagenase-based products marketed as XIAFLEX in the U.S. and XIAPEX® in Europe and Eurasia, today announced that The Journal of Urology has electronically published the uncorrected proof of the pivotal IMPRESS (The I nvestigation for M aximal P eyronie's R eduction E fficacy and S afety S tudies) trials on its website at www.jurology.com. These Phase III studies were conducted by BioSpecifics' strategic partner Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Auxilium) and assessed XIAFLEX for the treatment of Peyronie's disease, an excess of inelastic collagen causing penile curvature deformity. The full article may be found at http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347(13)00227-9/abstract. The manuscript is currently scheduled to appear in print in the July 2013 print version of The Journal of Urology.
"These results are quite positive and demonstrate the significant therapeutic opportunity of XIAFLEX for the treatment of Peyronie's disease patients, who currently have no FDA-approved pharmaceutical treatment options available for this devastating condition," commented Thomas L. Wegman, President of BioSpecifics. "We look forward to receiving the potential FDA approval of XIAFLEX for Peyronie's disease this year and we also plan to announce several near-term milestones for the broader XIAFLEX pipeline in the coming months."
Auxilium has previously announced positive top-line efficacy and safety results of the IMPRESS studies' co-primary endpoints. In IMPRESS I and IMPRESS II at 52 weeks, both co-primary endpoints met statistical significance for mean percent improvement in penile curvature deformity and mean improvement in the Peyronie's Disease Questionnaire (PDQ) bother domain for XIAFLEX subjects vs. placebo patients. Additionally, XIAFLEX was generally well-tolerated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV