Solar Energy Business Unit
Solar Energy sales were $59.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, a decrease of 1.8% from $60.7 million in the third quarter of 2012, and an increase of 2.6% from $58.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Demand for our products in the North American market remained solid despite the absence of year-end tax credits and incentives.
Income from Continuing Operations
Income from continuing operations for the fourth quarter was $4.9 million or $0.13 per diluted share, compared to income from continuing operations of $5.7 million or $0.15 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2012, and loss from continuing operations of $2.6 million or $0.06 per diluted share in the same period last year. On a non-GAAP basis, excluding the impact of the $2.0 million restructuring charge, income from continuing operations was $6.2 million or $0.16 per diluted share, down from $7.6 million or $0.20 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2012.Restructuring Charge The company incurred a $2.0 million charge this quarter related to the restructuring plan that was announced on September 28, 2011. During the quarter the company consolidated certain facilities and centralized other activities. Over time, existing cost savings along with other manufacturing cost savings initiatives and cost of goods improvements are currently expected to deliver annual savings of approximately $55 million by the end of 2014. First Quarter 2013 Guidance The company anticipates first quarter 2013 results from continuing operations to be within the following ranges:
- Sales of $105 million to $115 million
- Non-GAAP per share earnings of $0.14 to $0.18
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV