- Revenue of $113 million
- Non-GAAP EPS of $0.16 per diluted share
- Generated $19 million in cash during the fourth quarter
- Generated $111 million in cash during fiscal 2012
FORT COLLINS, Colo., Feb. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012. The company posted fourth quarter sales of $113.0 million compared to $117.5 million in the third quarter of 2012 and $112.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Income from continuing operations was $4.9 million or $0.13 per diluted share. On a non-GAAP basis, income from continuing operations was $6.2 million or $0.16 per diluted share. The non-GAAP measures exclude a $2.0 million restructuring charge taken in the fourth quarter. A reconciliation of non-GAAP income from continuing operations and earnings per share is provided in the tables below. The company ended the quarter with $172.2 million in cash and marketable securities, having generated $110.8 million of cash during 2012.
"With the majority of our restructuring efforts successfully implemented and a strong financial and operational platform in place, we begin the year focused on driving revenue growth," said Garry Rogerson, CEO. "Demand for our large scale inverters in the North American market remains strong, and we continue to look at expansion opportunities. In our Thin Films business, we are beginning to see signs that point to recovery in some of our markets as the year progresses. Together, these market conditions position us well for 2014, as we remain committed to our 2014 aspirational goals and actively pursue both organic and inorganic opportunities."
Thin Films Business UnitThin Films sales decreased 6.1% to $53.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 from $56.8 million in the third quarter of 2012, and 2.0% from $54.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Sales to the semiconductor market remained flat in the fourth quarter, while declines in the industrial and service markets offset the increases in flat panel display and solar panel equipment markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV