Gaz MÃ©tro Relies On The Use Of Liquefied Natural Gas In The Heavy Transportation Sector
Natural gas: An economical and environmental alternative to traditional fuels
MONTREAL, Feb. 4, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Gaz Métro is proud to take stock of its achievements in line with its liquefied natural gas (LNG) development plan. The goal of this plan is to supply LNG to the heavy transport industry in Quebec and eastern Canada, via its indirect subsidiary Gaz Métro Transport Solutions, LP (GMTS), and subsequently to assess the possibility of hauling LNG by truck to service more remote areas from Gaz Métro's natural gas pipeline network.
Accordingly, GMTS has been working with a number of partners and road transportation companies since 2010 to ensure that local carriers can enjoy the significant economic and environmental advantages of LNG, compared with diesel fuel. GMTS is playing a pivotal role as an expert and leader in the planning and implementation of initiatives designed to develop LNG-powered fleets. In addition, GMTS owns and operates two private fuelling stations in Quebec, on Robert Transport sites: one on the South Shore of Montreal and the other (a mobile unit) in the Quebec City area. It also owns and operates a third fuelling station in the Mississauga area.
Achievements and current projectsIn the heavy transportation sector, as a result of infrastructure investments made by GMTS (fuelling stations):
- Transport Robert 1973 Ltd. (Robert Transport) plans to have 130 LNG-powered trucks (out of a total 180 trucks ordered) on the road by early summer 2013.
- Transport YN.-Gonthier Inc. introduced its first two LNG trucks in October 2012.
- A first for eastern Canada: Camions Excellence Peterbilt Inc. now has one LNG-fuelled truck available for short-term rentals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV