COLUMBUS, Ohio, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW), a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer, is excited to announce the debut of SunJeong Kang's shoe collection at DSW in New York City and online at dsw.com. To celebrate, DSW will launch the collection at DSW's 34 th Street location, between 7 th and 8 th Avenue in New York on February 5.
A native of South Korea and a 2012 graduate of the Accessories Design Program at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), Ms. Kang earned first prize in "A Design Affair" - the first ever design competition sponsored by DSW Inc. in conjunction with FIT. Forty-five students submitted two designs each to a panel of judges from DSW Inc. Marc Fisher, Nine West, Chinese Laundry, Vince Camuto, and Highline United produced the final samples from five selected finalists. The finalists received a ten day scholarship at the Ars Sutoria School in Milan. As the grand prize winner, Ms. Kang also received a $1,500 cash prize.
Ms. Kang designed the Violet & Red Wallis Sandal (in black and neutral) and the Violet & Red Sandy bootie (in black and brown), two styles that won the judges over for their creative use of architectural elements and mixed materials.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV