Westell Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: WSTL), a leading provider of telecommunications equipment for wireline, wireless and home networks, today announced results for its fiscal 2013 third quarter ended December 31, 2012. Consolidated revenue from continuing operations was $8.9 million. The net loss for the quarter was $2.0 million, equal to $0.03 per share. The non-GAAP net loss for the third quarter was $1.4 million, equal to $0.02 per share.
New Products Lift Division Revenues, Reflect Growth Strategy
“The most important takeaway for the quarter is the growing acceptance of the new wireless network products that we have brought to market over the last year,” said Chairman and CEO Rick Gilbert. “In the face of a seasonally slow quarter, sales of these new lines increased significantly and were the primary reason for the 16% year-over-year growth in Westell Division revenue.”
“This validates our growth strategy to expand and diversify Westell's revenue by using new products to build market share,” Gilbert explained. “We intend to add products for wireless networks through internal development, which is driven by customer feedback, and fold-in acquisitions. Realigning our sales efforts has fueled our momentum, and our advances should be supported by making steady progress in qualifying new products with additional customers.”Westell's new products for wireless networks include distributed antenna systems (DAS) products, Ethernet network interface units and switches, and tower-mounted amplifiers. These new products contributed 11% of total revenue during the fiscal 2013 third quarter. Lower Consolidated Results Reflect Wind-Down of Non-Core Business Consolidated revenue from continuing operations for the latest quarter was $8.9 million, compared to $14.4 million in the prior-year period. The decrease reflected the planned wind-down of sales in the company's Customer Networking Solutions (CNS) Division.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV