NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. ( NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the new NOOK for Windows 8 app that enables customers to sign in and shop using their Microsoft account, dramatically simplifying the reading and shopping experience. By eliminating the need to sign in with separate credentials or create an account in advance, the NOOK for Windows 8 app provides customers seamless access to NOOK’s vast selection of digital books, magazines, newspapers and comics on Windows 8.
Access Reading Content Anywhere: Like all free NOOK Reading Apps ™, purchased content is safely stored through the NOOK Cloud ™, making it easy for customers to access digital books, magazines and more wherever they go. NOOK customers can now sign in with a Microsoft account and then combine it with their existing NOOK account, providing access to all previously purchased NOOK content in one library while having the option to use the Microsoft account as the primary account.
“As part of our strategic partnership with Microsoft, we are thrilled that NOOK is the first digital bookstore to support Microsoft account for sign in on Windows 8,” said Jamie Iannone, President of Digital Products at NOOK Media LLC. “NOOK is already the highest-rated reading and digital bookstore app on Windows 8, offering the best reading and shopping experience on Windows 8 PCs and tablets. And now, by enabling simple convenient sign in with a Microsoft account, the NOOK app makes reading and shopping even more fun and easy.”
A Growing and Diverse Digital Catalog and Other Innovative Features: The fully integrated NOOK Store™ offers NOOK for Windows 8 customers access to one of the world’s largest digital content collections featuring:
- More than 3 million books, including 1 million free books, from bestsellers to new releases, classics and more.
- The largest digital collection of the top 100 bestselling magazines available for digital subscriptions and single copy sale, plus a large selection of leading daily and weekly newspapers.
- A vast and growing collection of full-color comics, graphic novels and kids’ comics.
- Free samples of NOOK Books ™ and 14-day free trial subscriptions of newspapers and magazines.
- ArticleView ™ for magazines, which helps readers focus on an article and quickly move between articles.
- The ability to sync the last page read across NOOK devices and apps so you don’t lose your place.
- Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes for a customized reading experience.
- NOOK Channels ™, a pioneering recommendation system that provides an easy way to discover new titles by theme.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV