Dell's Buyout D-Day Looms
Wall Street's already speculating about the possible impact of a Dell LBO on other companies in the tech sector, particularly security specialists that compete against Dell's SonicWall business.
"We believe Check Point Software (CHKP) and Fortinet (FTNT) could be near-term beneficiaries of Dell's potential takeout deal if it does eventually occur," wrote Shaul Eyal, an analyst at Oppenheimer & Co., in a note released on Monday. "We believe a nearterm disruption in Dell's SonicWall business given an integration process would mean potential displacements by CHKP and FTNT."
Check Point shares dipped 0.92% to $50.51 on Monday, while Fortinet shares were down 2.52% to $23.
-- Written by James Rogers in New York.Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV