3. Chesapeake Energy Corporation ( CHK): Engages in the acquisition, development, exploration, and production of natural gas and oil properties in the United States. Market cap at $13.51B, most recent closing price at $20.33.Shares received a boost after Aubrey McClendon said he would retire as CEO. The debt-heavy company acquired too many properties as natural gas prices plunged to new lows in early-2012. Prices have since recovered somewhat. Chespeake options have an implied volatility of around 40%.
Investing Ideas From 5 Companies Facing High Implied Volatility
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts