The options market provides insight for investors looking for companies that may have recently experienced large price swings. In the options market, large price swings increase the value of the call or put. [More List Ideas: 6 S&P 500 Dividend Stocks Undervalued by the Graham Number]
More importantly, investors looking for buying and selling ideas could also anticipate the volatility, along with the price swings, to continue in the short-term. Some of the companies having the highest volatility are listed below:
1. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (BRCD): Supplies networking equipment comprising end-to-end Internet protocol based Ethernet and storage area networking solutions. Market cap at $2.55B, most recent closing price at $5.60. The February $6 call options had an implied volatility of 43.6%. Volatility rose for Broadcade after OCZ Technology (OCZ) provided weak guidance. In early-January, Mellanox (MLNX) warned markets that its quarterly results would be weak. Brocade also named a new CEO. Lloyd Carney comes from Xsigo Systems, a company acquired by Oracle. Brocade also won an injunction against A10 Networks, a private company. Brocade won $112 M from A10 last summer.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.2. Thomson Reuters Corporation (TRI): Provides intelligent information for businesses and professionals in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, healthcare, science, and media markets worldwide. Market cap at $25.58B, most recent closing price at $30.93. A Libor overhaul threatens to remove Thomson Reuters as administrator of Libor. Shares have performed poorly since 2008, when Thomson and Reuters merged.
Tool provided by Kapitall. Click to access free research tools, share practice portfolios, and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV