PLANO, Texas, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Doritos brand today announced that its consumer-created commercial "Fashionista Daddy," which aired for the first time nationally during yesterday's Super Bowl XLVII broadcast, has scored its creator, 29-year-old Mark Freiburger of Los Angeles, the career-changing opportunity to work with acclaimed film director Michael Bay on the next installment of the blockbuster "Transformers" movie franchise from Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, set to be released on June 27, 2014. The grand-prize comes as "Fashionista Daddy" was the highest ranking of the Doritos consumer-created ads on the USA TODAY Super Bowl Ad Meter, scoring a No. 4 ranking.
In addition to "Fashionista Daddy," the consumer-created Doritos ad "Goat 4 Sale" also received airtime during Sunday's game. Created by 28-year-old Ben Callner of Decatur, GA, "Goat 4 Sale" scored No. 7 on the USA TODAY Ad Meter rankings. The two ads that aired were among five finalist ads selected by the Doritos brand from thousands of submissions received as part of the annual Crash the Super Bowl contest.
Since Crash the Super Bowl began in 2007, consumer-created Doritos ads have consistently ranked within the top-five spots on the USA TODAY Ad Meter, and three of the last five years they have scored the No. 1 ranking.
"The Doritos brand has always been about offering our consumers the biggest, boldest opportunities imaginable. And it doesn't get much bolder than turning over the world's biggest advertising stage to our fans," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "We are so excited to award Mark the chance to work with one of the most acclaimed directors of our time. It's an exciting finish for one of the most exciting engagement programs the Doritos brand has created to date."As part of this year's competition, all five finalists received $25,000 and a trip to attend Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. Bonus cash prizes were based on how each winning ad ranked in the USA TODAY Ad Meter. The payouts were as follows:
- $1 million awarded for an ad that scores the No. 1 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
- $600,000 awarded for an ad that scores the No. 2 spot on the USA TODAY Ad meter
- $400,000 awarded for an ad that scores the No. 3 spot on the USA TODAY Ad meter
- Pepsi sponsored the Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show in New Orleans featuring global music icon Beyoncé, bringing Pepsi's signature style of consumer engagement to pop culture's biggest stage.
- The national Pepsi NFL Anthems program brought to life original anthems for seven iconic NFL teams and featured some of today's most talented musical artists and players.
- The NFL PLAY 60 Super Bowl Contest presented by Quaker offered once-in-a-lifetime prizes to inspire kids who make eating right and physical fitness a priority, with one grand prize winner selected to go to Super Bowl XLVII and run the game ball onto the field.
- Gatorade and the Gatorade Sports Science Institute have been working closely with 11 NFL rookies this year to help guide their fueling plans and help improve performance, with each rookie's story documented in a web series called "Everything to Prove" on NFL.com.
- Since 1983, Gatorade has partnered with the NFL to fuel its athletes across all 32 teams. For Super Bowl XLVII, Gatorade fueled the two competing teams with a highly-visible sidelines presence as well as a fuel presence in the locker rooms and training facilities.
- Through the Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Week program, fans voted for a stand-out Rookie each week of the 2012 NFL regular season and finalists throughout the month of January, leading up to the announcement of the Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Year in New Orleans the night before the Super Bowl.
- All season long, the "Make Your Game Day Official" promotion gave consumers who capture Frito-Lay snacks and Pepsi beverages together a chance to win official NFL prizes, including a trip to Super Bowl XLVII.
- NFL and Super Bowl-branded Pepsi packaging, national product displays with Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade, and local New Orleans-themed point-of-sale materials engage fans in the marketplace.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV