The countdown has begun to the first Engadget Expand, a brand new event created for technology enthusiasts and gadget-lovers. Engadget Expand will give attendees access usually reserved for industry insiders by connecting them with consumer electronics luminaries, Engadget's editors and the hottest new gadgets exhibiting on the show floor.
Today, Engadget Expand announces a final call for submissions to the Insert Coin: New Challengers inventor competition where Engadget editors will host a new product competition for independent inventors. The Engadget editors will choose a slate of semi-finalists for readers to vote on before the event, and a select number of finalists will be chosen to attend the event and show off their inventions to attendees and a panel of expert judges. Finalists must have a working prototype to demo for the first time at the show, and attendees, judges and readers will pick the winners to receive a cash prize and guaranteed review on Engadget.
The competition brings Engadget’s series about noteworthy, crowd-funded hardware to life with an on stage battle for the best new inventions. All applications must be entered using the official form by 11:59 p.m. EST on Feb. 8, 2013.
Engadget editors, readers and a panel of experts will judge submissions, which must be entirely new projects, according to innovativeness, design, functionality, overall quality and market relevance. Winners will be announced and prizes granted according to the following schedule:
- Feb. 15 – 10 semi-finalists will receive tickets to attend Expand and a $1,000 travel stipend to exhibit and compete on the show floor.
- March 1 – Five finalists, which readers select from the 10 semi-finalists, will demo their product on stage to the Expand audience.
- March 16 to March 17 –
- One grand prize winner will receive $20,000 and a product review on Engadget.
- One reader's choice winner will receive $5,000 and a product review on Engadget.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV