All-New Lincoln MKZ Shares Spotlight At Essence Magazine's Black Women In Music
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lincoln and ESSENCE will recognize musician and singer Lianne La Havas and singer-songwriter Solange Knowles on Feb. 6 to celebrate music's biggest event, the Grammy Awards.
Lincoln's all-new luxury midsize sedan, the 2013 MKZ, and the luxury full-size sedan, the 2013 MKS, are the official vehicles for Black Women in Music and will chauffer the two stars to the red carpet. This is the fourth year that Lincoln and ESSENCE have collaborated for the invitation-only affair.
" Lincoln is honored to be the exclusive automotive sponsor of the ESSENCE Black Women in Music event for the fourth consecutive year," says Shawn Thompson, Lincoln manager of Multicultural Marketing. "Our involvement allows us to give our target customers and influential buyers a hands-on experience with our great new products like the 2013 MKS and MKZ in hopes that they will consider us for purchase in the future."
Last year's honoree, multi-platinum, GRAMMY Award-winning Kelly Rowland and ESSENCE editor-at-large Emil Wilbekin will host this year's event.Havas is one of Britain's rising folk and soul singers having earned fans like the legendary Stevie Wonder and Prince. The self-taught guitarist has spent time performing on both sides of the Atlantic from London and Paris to New York City. Knowles' career in the music industry began as a teenager – she wrote songs for Destiny's Child and followed with her debut album, "Solo Star," at 14. Her second album, "Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams," included "I Decided," which went to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Singles and the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop singles charts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV