SAN DIEGO, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony has announced a new K-12 Education Initiative which focuses on helping schools easily integrate devices into the classroom, allowing teachers and administrators to better harness the power of tablet and mobile technologies for education. The program not only includes access to tablets and other devices at special pricing, but also provides schools with additional services and support needed for long-term success. The 360-degree solution includes support such as a real-time, online community where resources are continuously updated by a network of distinguished educators, software to manage and protect devices and information, user training and tailored programs for districts and schools.
The Sony® Xperia™ Tablet S, the flagship device in the program, is uniquely positioned for the classroom curriculum, with features such as:
- Android™ 4.0 (upgradeable to Android™ 4.1)
- 9.4" high-definition screen
- Compatible with existing PC and software solutions
- Guest Mode allows teachers to restrict or grant access to specific apps
- Full-sized SD card slot for expandable memory or easy file transfer
- Extended service and accidental damage plans available
In addition to access to special tablet pricing, educators can also utilize the Sony Education Ambassador (SEA) community, a free online destination that provides solutions for educators looking to implement technology in the classroom and fosters dialogue about how technology can enhance student learning. A group of distinguished teachers, IT managers and specialists across the U.S. have been tapped to be Sony Education Ambassadors. They have been equipped with Sony devices and have been trained on how to best use these devices in the classroom. Using their expanding online influence, the SEAs will educate and provide resources to other educators using the online community and their social networks. Resources range from instructional videos to lesson plans that align with a wide array of instructions, including Common Core State Standards.
"This program is focused on providing teachers with the right education and resources so they can get the most out of technology in the classroom. All the resources are created for teachers, by teachers," said Jamie Marsh, senior product manager for Sony Tablet. "The online database draws upon the expertise and knowledge of a community to provide ideas and solutions suited to individual teachers' needs."Additionally, the Sony Education Program offers educators security and content management options. Xperia Tablet S devices include a 1 year subscription to Kaspersky Tablet Security. This software helps protect the devices against viruses, Internet threats, spyware and spam. Kaspersky's anti-theft software also helps users to remotely protect their mobile content should the devices be lost or stolen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV