Iams Home 4 the Holidays, one of the world's largest pet adoption drives, announced that nearly 1.3 million pets were placed in forever homes between Oct. 1, 2012 and Jan. 2, 2013. As part of the annual drive, Iams helped find homes for over 46,000 orphaned pets in Canada alone. More than 8.3 million pets have been placed in forever homes since Iams and founding partner Helen Woodward Animal Center, along with thousands of animal organizations across the globe, partnered to do something about shelter overpopulation when the program first started in 1999.
“We're celebrating the fact that in just three months we helped save the lives of almost 1.3 million animals,” said Mike Arms, founder of the adoption drive and president of Helen Woodward Animal Center. “We're proud of the work we've done and we're especially proud of the hard work the partner organizations continue to do every day. Take the story of Wyatt, a tiny kitten who was abandoned and found near death. Wyatt was nursed back to health by dedicated cat rescue volunteers and has since found his forever home. Stories like these show us the importance of promoting pet adoption and how a program like Iams Home 4 the Holidays can make a huge difference in the life of a pet."
Adoption wasn't the only way people got involved this year as the program also focused on providing proper nutrition for pets still awaiting families. Consumers were able to share their passion for pets and help Iams donate food to participating animal shelters by buying specially marked bags of food or by liking Iams on Facebook (Facebook.com/Iams).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV