Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announced that its Westin brand expects to open its 200 th hotel in 2013, driven by robust international demand and the phenomenal success of the brand’s distinct well-being positioning. Westin will open 11 new hotels this year, the vast majority outside the United States in fast-growing markets including China, India, Singapore and Panama.
“Westin is now experiencing the bulk of its growth in the world’s fastest growing economies, where it has emerged as a developer darling right out of the gate,” said Brian Povinelli, Global Brand Leader for Westin Hotels & Resorts. “With a history of industry firsts and a winning approach to well-being, Westin has inspired unwavering guest loyalty and generated tremendous enthusiasm among owners and developers across the globe.”
Westin Continues Strong Growth Trajectory Across Asia Pacific
In line with global growth trends, The Westin brand is experiencing a surge in new hotel openings across Asia Pacific. Seven new Westin hotels will open in Asia Pacific in 2013, increasing the brand’s portfolio to nearly 50 hotels in the region by year’s end. Fueling the brand’s growth in the region is the rapid economic growth in China’s second and third-tier cities. New Westin hotel openings in China this year include The Westin Haikou, The Westin Sanya Haitang Bay Resort, The Westin Chongqing Liberation Square and The Westin Qingdao.Westin will also make its return to Singapore with the opening of The Westin Singapore Marina Bay in late 2013. In India, The Westin brand will add one hotel to its portfolio this year – The Westin Chennai Velachery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV