BETHESDA, Md., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Capital, Ltd. (Nasdaq: ACAS) ("American Capital") announced today that in 2012 it, along with its affiliate European Capital Limited ("European Capital"), invested over $300 million in 28 new and existing companies. These investments were led by American Capital's offices in the United States and Europe and were made in support of leading private equity firms' company buyouts, refinancings, add-on acquisitions, dividend recapitalizations and growth opportunities.
"In 2012, our Sponsor Finance Group was successful in sourcing and closing attractive new investment opportunities by working closely with some of the best private equity firms in the United States and Europe," said Adam Spence, Managing Director, American Capital. "We very much look forward to continuing to deepen and expand our sponsor relationships as we seek to aggressively put capital to work in 2013 and beyond."
"Our ability to provide flexible financing solutions of up to $150 million in senior, mezzanine, second lien, unitranche and equity co-investment, as well as our responsive execution with a global underwriting platform and commitment to growing portfolio companies make American Capital an ideal investment partner for sponsors, lenders and management teams," added Bowen Diehl, Managing Director, American Capital.
"American Capital and European Capital's ability to support global businesses in their development both in North America and Europe is a unique value proposition highly recognized by the sponsors and management teams we work with," said Tristan Parisot, Managing Director, European Capital Financial Services Limited. "The multi-currency financing adapted to every situation is also strong evidence of our global coverage and our flexibility."A summary of selected transactions is outlined below.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV