UPS Canada launches national offer to help small business compete
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - After a year of fiscal uncertainty and economic volatility, small business owners from coast-to-coast are looking to 2013 with a strong sense of optimism.
According to a recent survey commissioned by UPS Canada and conducted by Leger Marketing, 60 per cent of business owners believe that they will see an increase in revenue in 2013 when compared to 2012. Additionally, nearly 60 per cent expect to see at least moderate growth in Canada's economy. This optimism has sparked a renewed sense of interest in business investment on behalf of Canadian small businesses.
"It is quite clear that small businesses in Canada are optimistic about 2013 but what's most encouraging is that business owners seem to be adopting a renewed sense of interest in terms of investing in their business," said Paul Gaspar, small business director, UPS Canada. "This is quite positive, not only for small businesses in Canada, but also for the economy as a whole. The choice to invest in the future is a clear sign that confidence is building amongst Canadian business owners and many are already on their way."As a result, many owners are taking the time to review and reconsider services and suppliers as well as seek out strategic advice and support. The survey found that one in four businesses would welcome support and advice related to infrastructure, shipping and logistics in order to increase business success. Additionally, the survey found that when searching for a new service or supplier, small businesses consider value and reputation, in addition to cost, to be the most important criteria for consideration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV