Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) and Voltage Pictures have entered into a three-year, five-picture output deal with new genre label Rapid Eye Film. Rapid Eye Film, founded by filmmaker Marco Weber (“Igby Goes Down,” “The Thirteenth Floor,” “Unthinkable,” “The Informers”), will develop, finance and produce the films, and Cinedigm will provide a US theatrical release and subsequent roll out across on-demand, digital, TV and DVD. Nic Chartier’s Voltage Pictures (“The Hurt Locker,” “Don Jon’s Addiction”) will handle international sales on all five films.
The first film green lit under the agreement is the sci-fi thriller “Unraveling,” with casting under way. “Unraveling” was written and will be directed by Weber, who is producing alongside his longtime producing partner Vanessa Coifman (“Fireflies in the Garden,” “A Late Quartet”) and producer Miggel Schwickerath (“The Informers”). The film will shoot on location in Los Angeles this spring. “Unraveling” is best described as a cross of “Angel Heart” and “Seven.”
“Marco and I have a long and successful history, going back to ‘Igby Goes Down,’” said Chris McGurk, Chairman and CEO of Cinedigm. “And we are thrilled to work with Nic and his team at Voltage to bring these exciting new films to the worldwide marketplace.”
“We loved the script of ‘Unraveling’ and wanted to be involved with Marco on this one and his next movies,” said Nicolas Chartier, founder of Voltage Pictures. “Cinedigm is growing very fast and having a US distributor on the films will be great for all our international partners.”In additional news, Weber’s directorial debut, “Leashed,” was also picked up by Cinedigm for digital distribution in the US and a number of international territories. “Leashed” is a dark teen thriller featuring Chad Lowe and starring actors Gia Mantegna and Devon Werkheiser. The film premiered at the International Sitges Film Festival in competition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV