So let's add this up for 2013:
Chevrolet Volt: 30,000
Chevrolet Spark: 3,000
Toyota Prius Plug-In: 12,000Toyota RAV4 EV: 1,000 Nissan LEAF: 18,000 Ford Focus Electric: 2,000 Ford C-Max Energi: 12,000 Ford Fusion Energi: 12,000 Tesla Model S: 25,000 Honda Accord Hybrid: 6,000 Honda Fit Electric: 500 Mitsubishi i-MiEV: 500 Fiat 500 Electric: 1,000 BMW i3: 2,000 TOTAL estimate for 2013: 125,000 The total U.S. car market for 2013 is estimated at around 16 million. Therefore, the electric plug-in market would be 0.78% of the unit volume. Of course, as a percentage of revenue, the number would be higher, likely at 1% or more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV