WASHINGTON, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Senior policymakers attended an event hosted by The Advisory Board Company on Friday on Capitol Hill that focused on real-life efforts of health systems around the country to improve patient care under three new Medicare value payment programs: the Readmissions Reduction Program, Hospital-Acquired Conditions penalties, and Value-Based Purchasing Program.
A panel of senior executives from three leading health systems discussed their experiences with these payment changes, explaining how their organizations are responding to these initiatives and how these efforts are impacting patient care on the front lines. Even within the current fee-for-service reimbursement model, numerous health systems are developing strategies to address gaps in quality and efficiency of care, with care coordination and powerful analytic tools playing important roles.
Policy advisors from Congress, the Administration, HHS, and leading think tanks around D.C. attended the event in order to better understand the implications of the three key payment reforms that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has introduced. Jonathan Blum, CMS Deputy Administrator and Director for the Center of Medicare, underscored the significance of these initiatives in a keynote address.The panel discussion included:
- Thomas Heleotis, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J.;
- Ann Hendrich, RN, Ph.D, Chief Nursing Officer at Ascension Health in St. Louis;
- Christopher Lloyd , Chief Executive Officer at Memorial Hermann Physician Network in Houston;
- Christopher Dawe, Director of Delivery System Reform at the Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C.; and
- Eric Fontana, Practice Manager, Research and Insights at The Advisory Board Company in Washington, D.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV