The New York Post reported it was in possession of U.S. Federal Trade Commission documents that indicated a law enforcement probe into Herbalife and "pending law enforcement action." Shares of Herbalife dropped up to 16% to $29.35 in premarket trading on Monday.
Herbalife has been accused of running a pyramid scheme, which the company denies. Hedge fund manager Bill Ackman has accused the company of providing misleading information and using techniques to hide the pyramid scheme.
Japan Airlines is trending after saying the grounding of its Boeing (BA) 787 Dreamliner would cost the company $7.5 million in earnings through March. The airline said it would discuss getting compensation for the lost revenue once the issues with the fleet have been resolved. Boeing's new jet fleet has been grounded indefinitely following a battery fire and other battery-related problems last month. All Nippon Airways, which also experienced problems with the Dreamliner after one jet was forced to make an emergency landing following a triggered smoke alarm, said it would consider whether to seek compensation after the issues were fixed as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV