RICHMOND, Va., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With several weeks of winter still to come, Dominion continues to accept applications for EnergyShare, its heating assistance program aimed at helping individuals and families in need stay warm during the cold winter months.
"EnergyShare grants make a real difference in the quality of life for those most in need who are struggling to stay safe and warm in their homes this winter," said Paul D. Koonce, chief executive officer of Dominion Virginia Power. "EnergyShare is funded by Dominion, its customers and its employees and has been helping families in need for more than three decades."
EnergyShare is Dominion's year-round energy assistance program that helps individuals and families in need. It is a program of last resort for the elderly, the ill and anyone facing financial hardships from unemployment or family crisis and needing help paying heating or cooling bills. Now in its 32 nd year, EnergyShare has raised $55 million and helped a half-million people.
Eligible EnergyShare applicants may receive a one-time payment of up to $600 per heating season. To qualify for assistance, an individual must live in Dominion's customer service area and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a disconnection notice or be in danger of losing their primary heating source;
- Meet income-based eligibility requirements as determined by screening agencies;
- Be unemployed, or demonstrate a personal or family crisis.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts