RICHMOND, Va., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With several weeks of winter still to come, Dominion continues to accept applications for EnergyShare, its heating assistance program aimed at helping individuals and families in need stay warm during the cold winter months.
"EnergyShare grants make a real difference in the quality of life for those most in need who are struggling to stay safe and warm in their homes this winter," said Paul D. Koonce, chief executive officer of Dominion Virginia Power. "EnergyShare is funded by Dominion, its customers and its employees and has been helping families in need for more than three decades."
EnergyShare is Dominion's year-round energy assistance program that helps individuals and families in need. It is a program of last resort for the elderly, the ill and anyone facing financial hardships from unemployment or family crisis and needing help paying heating or cooling bills. Now in its 32 nd year, EnergyShare has raised $55 million and helped a half-million people.
Eligible EnergyShare applicants may receive a one-time payment of up to $600 per heating season. To qualify for assistance, an individual must live in Dominion's customer service area and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a disconnection notice or be in danger of losing their primary heating source;
- Meet income-based eligibility requirements as determined by screening agencies;
- Be unemployed, or demonstrate a personal or family crisis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV