WOONSOCKET, R.I., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS/pharmacy today announced the launch of ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards™, the latest evolution of the company's ExtraCare program, the most successful retail savings and rewards program in the U.S. The new ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards program enhances ExtraCare so that members have more ways to earn bigger, more frequent rewards when filling prescriptions or making healthy decisions. It also provides another choice for ExtraCare members, giving them the ability to opt-in to parts of the program that are most relevant to their individual needs and preferences, allowing CVS/pharmacy to deliver value personalized to each member.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60193-cvs-pharmacy-expands-extracare-program-new-pharmacy-and-health-rewards
Participants of ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards earn $5 ExtraBucks Rewards for every 10 prescriptions filled*. The design of the new program is intended to provide positive reinforcement to customers on an individual basis for refilling their prescriptions, as a way to encourage them to stay adherent to their prescribed medications. Plus, they get credit and earn rewards for the other little things they do to stay healthy, such as getting immunizations or proactively managing their prescriptions with resources like text message alerts or email refill reminders through CVS.com."Pharmacy is the heart of our business, and we know how important it is to help our customers manage multiple prescriptions and adhere to their medication therapy," said Rob Price, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "This new program expands the ExtraCare rewards customers love, encouraging our customers to more proactively manage their overall health. Additionally, by providing individual opt-in enrollment, we further customize ExtraCare to provide more personalized value to our customers." ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards – How it Works
- Enrollment is free and easy; all customers can sign up today at any CVS/pharmacy location or online at CVS.com/rxrewards.
- Customers must opt-in to this program to earn these new rewards, but can keep using their same ExtraCare card.
- Each person who joins can earn up to $50 Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards each year; ExtraBucks ® Rewards for non-pharmacy purchases are still unlimited.
- Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks Rewards can be used like other ExtraBucks Rewards on most items in the store.
- When participants receive their rewards, there's no guesswork involved. Unlike complicated points-based programs where members get paid back in rewards they don't understand how to use, ExtraCare members receive ExtraBucks Rewards. These rewards are like "free CVS money" they can spend on most items in the store, so it's easy for customers to redeem them in-store or online.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV