IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc. ("Sabra," the "Company" or "we") (Nasdaq:SBRA) announced today its entry into a $12.8 million mortgage loan agreement with an affiliate of New Dawn Holding Company ("New Dawn") secured by a first trust deed on a 48-unit memory care facility located in Sun City West, Arizona ("Sun City West Mortgage Loan"). The Sun City West Mortgage Loan has a five-year term, bears interest at a fixed rate of 9.0% per annum and cannot be prepaid during the first three years of the loan term. In addition, beginning April 2014, we have an option to purchase the facility securing the Sun City West Mortgage Loan for a price equal to the greater of (a) the annualized earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and rent of the facility for the trailing three months prior to option exercise, divided by an EBITDAR coverage ratio of 1.30 and further divided by an implied lease rate of 8.25% (subject to adjustment up to 9.00%), and (b) $16.0 million. In the event we exercise the purchase option, we would expect to enter into a long-term lease with affiliates of New Dawn with an initial cash yield consistent with the lease rate used to determine the option exercise price. The facility was built in 2012 and is operated by affiliates of New Dawn. The Sun City West Mortgage Loan was funded with available cash.
Commenting on this investment, Rick Matros, Sabra CEO and Chairman, said, "We are very pleased to enter into a second transaction with the New Dawn team. Their memory care services are high quality and as with the first transaction, the Sun City West facility is beautiful and resident-centric. We look forward to continuing this relationship with the New Dawn team on future projects."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV