CHATSWORTH, Calif., Feb. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capstone Turbine Corporation ( www.capstoneturbine.com) (Nasdaq:CPST), the world's leading clean technology manufacturer of microturbine energy systems, announced today that it received a 5 MW follow-on order for a global upstream oil and gas producer. The five C1000 power packages will be installed in the Eagle Ford Shale play in Texas. This order increases this particular oil and gas producer's total Capstone fleet to 10 MW in the Eagle Ford play.
Capstone distributor Horizon Power Systems secured both the initial order and this latest follow-on order for five megawatts.
"North American shale gas producers are continuing to adopt Capstone microturbines because they want the high reliability and low emission benefits of our products," said Sam Henry, Horizon Power Systems President. "In addition, this customer is committed to conducting business safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner which is precisely what Capstone microturbines deliver."The Eagle Ford Shale is a hydrocarbon producing formation rich in oil and natural gas fields. The shale play area starts at the Texas- Mexico border in Webb and Maverick counties and extends 400 miles toward East Texas. The play is 50 miles wide and an average of 250 feet thick at a depth between 4,000 and 12,000 feet. The shale contains a high amount of carbonate which makes it brittle and easier to use hydraulic fracturing to produce the oil or gas. The oil reserves are estimated at 3 billion barrels with potential output of 420,000 barrels a day. The microturbines will provide power for liquid processing plants and will be located at multiple central gathering plants. The microturbines, fueled by pipeline quality gas, will produce electricity to provide all power to the onsite equipment, including heaters, pump motors, compressors and distribution panels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV