Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc. (NYSE: MPO) (the “Company” or “Midstates”) today announced that it grew its year-end 2012 estimated proved reserves to 75.5 million barrels of oil equivalent (“MMBoe”), up 188% from 26.2 MMboe at year-end 2011. Midstates’ reserves were fully engineered by its third-party reserve engineers, Netherland Sewell and Associates (“NSAI”). See notes below for additional disclosures regarding definitions of terms used in this release.
Year-end 2012 reserves were comprised of 50% oil, 19% natural gas liquids (“NGLs”) and 31% natural gas. Of the total reserves, 37% are proved developed. Geographically, 36.8 MMBoe are in Louisiana, a 40% increase over 2011 year-end reserves, and 38.7 MMBoe are in Oklahoma. Midstates operates 94% of its reserves and improved its reserve life at year-end 2012 to 13.3 years using year-end 2012 proved reserves divided by annualized fourth quarter 2012 production rates.
|Total Proved Reserves||(MMBbl)||(MMBbl)||(Bcf)||(MMBoe)|
|Balance December 31, 2011||15.7||4.0||38.7||26.2|
|Extensions and discoveries||12.3||3.2||32.6||20.9|
|Purchase of reserves in place||13.0||7.8||85.3||35.0|
|Revisions of previous estimates||(1.4||)||(0.2||)||(8.5||)||(3.0||)|
|Balance December 31, 2012||37.5||14.2||142.4||75.5|
|Proved developed December 31, 2012||13.2||5.4||54.8||27.8|
|Proved undeveloped December 31, 2012||24.3||8.8||87.6||47.7|
During 2012, extensions, discoveries, and other additions added 20.9 MMBoe reflecting organic reserve replacement of 572% of 2012 production. The organic growth in Louisiana reserves was primarily from successful drilling activity during 2012 in the Pine Prairie and North Cowards Gully fields while fourth quarter drilling activity in the Mississippian Lime play in Woods and Alfalfa Counties added to Oklahoma reserves. Total Company production in 2012 was 3.6 MMBoe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV