BlackBerry, Dell, Oracle: Tech Premarket
The Waterloo, Ontario.-based company unveiled its much-delayed BlackBerry 10 technology last week and announced a major corporate rebranding, changing its name from Research In Motion.
Shares of the embattled Canadian handset maker ended last week's trading down almost 26%.
Dell (DELL) shares gained 0.07% to reach $13.64 before market open amid ongoing chatter that the no. 3 PC maker is nearing an agreement to sell itself to a buyout consortium led by CEO Michael Dell and private-equity firm Silver Lake Partners.The Dell chief is expected to take a majority ownership in the firm, with Silver Lake and Microsoft becoming minority investors, according to Reuters, which said that a deal could happen on Monday. Dell was also the one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 347,811. Facebook (FB) shares slipped 0.74% to $29.51 in premarket trading. The social networking phenomenon, which reported fourth-quarter results last week, was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 217,595. Oracle (ORCL), which announced a deal to buy Acme Packet (APKT) for $1.7 billion, was down 1.56% to $35.64. Shares of Sirius XM (SIRI) rose 0.93% to $3.26, while chip design specialist ARM Holdings (ARMH) dipped 0.61% to $42.239. Apple (AAPL) shares were off 0.63% to $450.75. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV