SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), a tier-one provider and innovator of optical communications and laser solutions, today announced significant advancements in its red laser diodes that has enabled them to reduce the size of 4 beam red laser diodes by 75 percent (from TO9.0mm to TO5.6mm) and 8 beam red laser diodes by 80 percent (from TO16.0 to TO9.0mm.) These significant reductions will enable customers designing laser beam printers (LBPs) and multi-function printers (MFPs) to design smaller and more compact printers or to utilize the extra space for adding more features and functionality. In addition, Oclaro has significantly improved the printing quality of its red laser diodes by modifying their structure to produce the smallest and most precise laser beam available from any red laser diode in the industry.
To achieve the size reductions and improve the printing quality of its red laser diodes, Oclaro leveraged its 30 years of laser diode expertise. To date, no other company has achieved these size reductions or has been able to deliver this level of laser beam precision (known as low droop and small deviation). As a result of both of these innovations, Oclaro customers will now be able to offer improved printing quality while at the same time providing more lightweight and compact designs to their customers. Oclaro will be showcasing its 4 and 8 beam red laser diodes at this week's Photonics West Conference in the Oclaro booth # 1101 from Feb. 5-7, 2013 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
"Customers designing LBP and MFP applications are under increasing pressure to improve printing quality and deliver light-weight products to customers," said Tadayuki Kanno, President, Oclaro Japan, Inc & GM, Modules & Devices Business Unit. "Once again, Oclaro has been able to uniquely meet customers' needs by leveraging our fundamental expertise and understanding of the red laser diode design to produce the features, quality and performance that customers need to achieve a competitive advantage."About the 4 Beam and 8 Beam Laser DiodesThe Oclaro red beam laser diodes are ideally suited for customers designing MFPs and LPBs. Some of the key features of these red laser diodes include:
- Narrow beam pitch, which enables the customer to simplify the optics design of their printing system.
- High thermal radiation design for high temperature operation, which enables the customer to deliver high printing quality.
- High accuracy mounting for junction down die bonding for low droop. This also improves the printing quality of the customer's printing system.
- Tuning LD characteristics by new structure to meet each customer's requirement to realize their printing system technology advantage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV