PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE: PBF) announced today the completion of the second crude oil unloading facility at its subsidiary’s Delaware City Refinery. The construction of the 70,000 barrel per day (bpd) rail facility was announced in mid-2012 and was completed on schedule and on budget. The first unit train of Bakken crude oil is expected to discharge this week with seventeen more unit trains scheduled to arrive in the next two weeks. With the completion of this project, the Delaware City rail facilities are now capable of discharging 110,000 bpd of crude oil directly at the refinery – 40,000 bpd of heavy crude oil and 70,000 bpd of light crude oil.
Tom Nimbley, PBF Energy’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “The completion of this premier rail facility puts our East Coast refining system at a competitive advantage compared to its Atlantic Basin peers. PBF is now able to deliver significant quantities of cost-advantaged North American crude oils directly to Delaware City at very competitive pricing.”
PBF Energy also announced that it has increased its previous guidance on the quantity of Canadian heavy crude that it can process at its Delaware City refinery. Based on the success the company has had running the Canadian heavy crudes to date, PBF Energy plans to increase the discharge capacity of the heavy crude rail unloading facility to 80,000 bpd. Mr. Nimbley further stated, “We believe that Canadian heavy barrels will be the most economic barrels on the market and we intend to take the necessary steps to maximize our exposure to this advantaged crude.”
The new rail project should add an additional 40,000 bpd of heavy crude unloading capability to the existing 40,000 bpd rail facility. The project is anticipated to cost approximately $50 million and to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2013. The project is expected to be approved at the company’s February Board meeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV