The Western Asset closed-end municipal bond funds (the Funds) made additional data available today through its website, www.lmcef.com. The data includes:
- 3-Month Average Earnings per share. Represents the average monthly net investment income per share over the past three months.
- 3-Month Average UNII per share. Represents an estimate of the average undistributed net investment Income balance over the past three months.
- Leverage through ARPS. As a percentage of managed assets (net assets plus the liquidation value of the Auction Rate Preferred Securities (“ARPS”) as of the date indicated above.
The data is provided for the following funds: Western Asset Intermediate Muni Fund Inc. (SBI), Western Asset Managed Municipals Fund Inc. (MMU), Western Asset Municipal Defined Opportunity Trust Inc. (MTT), Western Asset Municipal High Income Fund Inc. (MHF), and Western Asset Municipal Partners Fund Inc. (MNP).
All data as of 12/31/12
|SBI||Western Asset Intermediate Muni Fund Inc.||$0.0400||$ 0.0413||$ 0.2527||103.3%||25.3%|
|MMU||Western Asset Managed Municipals Fund Inc.||$0.0650||$ 0.0661||$ 0.4147||101.7%||29.0%|
|MTT||Western Asset Municipal Defined Opportunity Trust Inc.||$0.0840||$ 0.0860||$ 0.0787||102.4%||N/A|
|MHF||Western Asset Municipal High Income Fund Inc.||$0.0330||$ 0.0326||$ (0.0010)||98.8%||N/A|
|MNP||Western Asset Municipal Partners Fund Inc.||$0.0700||$ 0.0750||$ 0.4902||107.1%||34.3%|
Distributions may be paid from investment income, realized capital gains, return of capital or a combination thereof. The distribution amount is subject to change and is not a quotation of Fund performance. For more information about a distribution’s composition refer to the Fund’s distribution press release or, if applicable, the Section 19 notice located in the press release section of our website, www.lmcef.com. For more information, including current performance to most current month end, please visit www.lmcef.com or call 1-888-777-0102.
This press release is not for tax reporting purposes but is being provided to announce the amount of the Fund’s distributions that have been declared by the Board of Directors. In early 2013 and early 2014, after definitive information is available, the Fund will send shareholders a Form 1099-DIV, if applicable, specifying how the distributions paid by the Fund during the prior calendar year should be characterized for purposes of reporting the distributions on a shareholder’s tax return (e.g., ordinary income, long-term capital gain or return of capital).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts