While the dress is still important, we are seeing a return to tailoring for Spring 2013. More and more designers are showcasing light, informal pairings of sartorial separates. Whether pairing a sleeveless jacket with slim pants, a blazer with a pair of shorts, or a crisp shirt or peplum top with a skirt, the enlightened suit is turning a uniform idea into fashion freedom.
SHORT AND SWEET
On the more casual side, you will be seeing an abundance of shorts. Many looks add a little volume and subtract a little from the hemline. The season’s major trends are a big presence here, with precision florals and lace in color sweetening the presentation.DENIM IN DISTRESS Frayed or faded, bleached or broken-in, distressed denim and chambray are sending out an S.O.S. this spring, especially in our Contemporary area. SMALL-SCALE HANDBAGS The season’s most sought-after handbag silhouette is small but powerful. Spring’s condensed, highly detailed versions of classic shapes are the bonsai of bags. GLADIATOR SANDALS Fierce footwear takes its cue from the Romans, reimagined in seductive new styles. BRUSHSTROKES OF BEAUTY The world of beauty is experiencing a particularly artistic moment, with a number of products emerging to inspire our creative instincts. Improved cleansing, exfoliating, toning and moisturizing formulas lead to a PERFECTLY PREPPED CANVAS. Makeup artists and beauty lovers alike can discover LINE-DRAWN EYES, adding more precision and drama with new, lightweight formulas of liners and mascaras. WATERCOLOR HUES have also arrived for the spring season. Simply apply washes of soft powder and a dramatic smudge of cream liner to upper and lower lids. Even fragrance fans can get in on the artistic act, with a renewed emphasis on FRAGRANCE BLENDING. We love freshening a rich floral with a citrus zing, but every customer is encouraged to create her own not-over-the-counter scent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV