HOUSTON, Feb. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) today announced financial results for its 13-week second fiscal quarter ended December 29, 2012.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Highlights
- Sales were $10.8 billion, an increase of 5.4% from $10.2 billion in the second quarter of fiscal 2012, and Sysco's highest second quarter on record.
- Operating income was $383 million, a decrease of 10.4%, compared to $427 million in last year's second quarter.
- Diluted earnings per share (EPS) were $0.38, which was 11.6% lower compared to $0.43 in last year's second quarter.
- After adjusting for certain items, which mainly related to restructuring charges, adjusted 1 diluted EPS was $0.40. After further adjusting for business transformation expenses, to reflect the performance of the company's underlying business, adjusted diluted EPS was $0.49, or a 4.3% increase compared to the prior year.
First Half Fiscal 2013 Highlights
- Sales were $21.9 billion, an increase of 5.1% from $20.8 billion in the first half of fiscal 2012.
- Operating income was $861 million, a decrease of 8.0%, compared to $936 million in last year's first half.
- Diluted EPS was $0.86, which was 8.5% lower compared to $0.94 in last year's first half.
- After adjusting for certain items, adjusted diluted EPS was $0.89. After further adjusting for business transformation expenses, to reflect the performance of the company's underlying business, adjusted diluted EPS was $1.06, or a 3.9% increase compared to the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV