Lithium-manganese Batteries: Powering The Future?
“Any battery is processed by mining,” said American Manganese President and CEO Larry Reaugh in a recent interview with the Investing News Network. “We have a patent pending process that, because our ore is so friable, doesn't have heavy crushing or grinding in the process downstream to make the electrolytic-manganese dioxide or chemical-manganese dioxide. That omits a lot of the foreign — rogue — particles of metal.”
The company is currently seeking additional financing or a joint venture partner to help advance its research.
“The time has come now,” added Reaugh. “Certainly this Boeing Dreamliner crisis has focused a lot of attention on lithium-ion batteries. It gives us an opportunity to explain the differences and maybe toot our own horn a little bit about our product,” he said.
Securities Disclosure: I, Chad Fraser, hold no positions in any of the companies mentioned in this article.Editorial Disclosure: American Manganese is a client of the Investing News Network. The video above is not paid-for content. Lithium-manganese Batteries: Powering the Future? from Manganese Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV