U.Va. Darden Researcher Delivers New Evidence For U.S. CEO Pay Critics
Matos' study also shows that competitive international firms now offer CEO salary packages that are comparable to those from U.S. firms.
"Many of the non-U.S. firms vie for the same capital, customers and talent as U.S. firms that operate globally," Matos added. "We feel that our research presents grounds for critics to take a second look at U.S. CEO salaries."
Nuno Fernandes, professor of finance at IMD Business School; Miguel A. Ferreira, professor of finance at Nova School of Business and Economics; and Kevin J. Murphy, professor of finance at the University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business, were co-investigators for this project.
Matos' research focuses on international corporate governance and the growing importance of institutional investors in financial markets worldwide.For questions or information, contact email@example.com or a member of the Communication team. About the Darden School of Business The University of Virginia Darden School of Business is one of the world's leading business schools, offering MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs. The unique Darden experience combines the case study method, the highest-ranked faculty whose research advances global managerial practice and business education, and a tight-knit learning environment to develop principled and complete leaders who are ready to make an impact. Sharing via social media? Please consider tagging us: @DardenMBA on Twitter, UVA Darden School of Business on Facebook. This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise(TM). For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com. SOURCE University of Virginia Darden School of Business
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV