Frost & Sullivan: Prioritising M2M Revenue Potential Will Help Take The Service To The Next Level In 2013
However, there are some restraints which are holding market development in 2013. M2M connectivity roaming is one of the most significant obstacles to enterprise adoption. "This issue applies particularly in the SME sector. We do hope in 2013 this issue comes to the attention of national telecoms regulator's priorities to provide a coordinating hand across national boundaries," said Ms Zhong.
Another obstacle to further M2M market development is the rate at which service providers target the SME market. "Deutsche Telekom's M2M Marketplace approach announced in 2012 is a good starting point," noted Ms Zhong. "Without a relatively straightforward plug and play M2M solution for SMEs, it is difficult to translate this potential opportunity into actual contracts."
Another important factor for market growth is the establishment of a common protocol from M2M modules, M2M connectivity platforms, and applications software protocols to eventually machines/devices. However, forecasts on obtain a general standard are very pessimistic since the industry does not even agree on what needs to be standardised.
Summarising, Frost & Sullivan expects market development to accelerate, led by more market entrants and significantly deeper and wider customer education for M2M adoption. Standardisation efforts will be greatly beneficial, but let's not hold our collective breaths.If you would like to learn more about Frost & Sullivan's M2M market coverage, please contact Joanna Lewandowska, Corporate Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full contact details in the query. About Frost & SullivanFrost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts