FY12 cash flows from operations of $1.92 billion compared to $2.08 billion for FY11, primarily due to lower net income year over year.
Share Repurchase Program
- During FY12, under the company’s current share repurchase authorization and a previously approved share repurchase authorization, the company executed share repurchases of approximately $460 million, or approximately 6,252,900 of its outstanding shares, at an average price of $73.66 per share.
- As of February 4, 2013, approximately $640 million of the $1 billion April 2012 share repurchase authorization remained, with an expiration date of June 30, 2014.
(a) The company provides a full range of insured specialty products including dental, vision and other supplemental health and financial protection products. Members included in these products may not be unique to each product since members have the ability to enroll in multiple products. Other supplemental benefits include life, disability, and fixed benefit products including cancer and critical illness policies.(b) Generally, when the first day of a month falls on a weekend or holiday, with the exception of January 1 (New Year’s Day), the company receives this payment on the last business day of the previous month. Consequently, 4Q11 cash flows included two monthly Medicare payments compared to three monthly Medicare payments during 4Q12. (c) The Company has included certain financial measures that are not in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in its summary of financial results within this earnings press release. The company believes that these non-GAAP measures, when presented in conjunction with comparable GAAP measures, are useful to both management and its investors in analyzing the company's ongoing business and operating performance. Internally, management uses these non-GAAP financial measures as indicators of business performance, as well as for operational planning and decision making purposes. Non-GAAP financial measures should be considered in addition to, but not as a substitute for, or superior to, financial measures prepared in accordance with GAAP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV