Zealand Pharma Announces Once-Daily Lyxumia(R) (lixisenatide) Approved In Europe For The Treatment Of Type 2 Diabetes
Applications for regulatory approval of Lyxumia® in Type 2 diabetes have also been submitted in several other countries around the world and are currently under review. In the US, a decision on NDA filing acceptance is expected from the FDA in Q1 2013.
Financial guidance for 2013 and the terms of the Sanofi agreement
As earlier announced, there is no milestone payment to Zealand Pharma associated with the approval of Lyxumia® in Europe. The company will provide financial guidance for 2013 in connection with the release of its 2012 full-year announcement on 14 March 2013.
Under the license agreement with Sanofi, which covers lixisenatide and combination products, including lixisenatide, Zealand Pharma is eligible to receive remaining development, regulatory and sales milestone payments of up to USD 215 million, which include USD 40 million for a depot formulation of Lyxumia® not currently in active development 2.Further, the company is entitled to tiered low double-digit percentage royalties on global net sales of Lyxumia® and fixed low double-digit percentage royalties on full net sales of combination products, including lixisenatide 2. References
- http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=GetGoal. Date accessed: December 2012.
- Zealand Pharma pays 13% to Alkermes (former Elan) and 0.5% to SIP® technology inventor on all income from lixisenatide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV