HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Feb. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Following the debut of the "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" TV spot in today's big game, users who downloaded the film's first-of-its-kind movie app are now among the first people anywhere to unlock movie tickets for show times on Wednesday, May 15 th at 8:00 p.m. – two days ahead of the film's scheduled release on Friday, May 17 th. Additionally, app users also received an exclusive look at an extended big game spot.
App users will continuously receive exciting "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" movie news, as well as exclusive content and offers, throughout the movie's theatrical and home entertainment releases.
The app's cutting edge technology allows users to delve deeper into the Star Trek universe by interacting directly with materials from the eagerly awaited film to auto-accomplish missions within the application. Utilizing geo-location awareness software, image recognition technology, and audio scan functions, users can collect points, see content, and work their way through the Star Trek Academy.Highlights of the "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" app include:
- A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies;
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content on TV and other media;
- An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
- New "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users' mobile devices;
- Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts