From here, the Crash the Super Bowl program enters its final phase as the creators of the two winning Doritos ads wait to see how they stack up in the USA TODAY Ad Meter, competing against all ads that aired during the Super Bowl XLVII broadcast. The Ad Meter payouts are as follows:
- $1 million will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 1 spot on the USA TODAY Ad Meter
- $600,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 2 spot on the USA TODAY Ad meter
- $400,000 will be awarded for an ad that scores the No. 3 spot on the USA TODAY Ad meter
Since Crash the Super Bowl began in 2007, consumer-created Doritos ads have consistently ranked within the top-five spots of the USA TODAY Ad Meter, and three of the last four years they have scored the No. 1 ranking.
Callner, an Atlanta-based freelance director, came up with the idea for "Goat 4 Sale" after his goat-owning friend said, "It's funny when my goats eat crunchy food." The spot is about an unlikely friendship between a bearded man and a Doritos-eating goat. The pair shares a love for Doritos chips, until the goat's constant crunching gets on the bearded man's last nerve.
Freiburger, a freelance director, spent just $300 to create "Fashionista Daddy." The spot tells the classic story about a father's love for his daughter – and Doritos chips. A dad gets roped into playing "Princess Fashion Show" with his daughter after she promises him a bag of Doritos chips in return. Once his friends catch him eating the chips in his "Fashion Show" dress and makeup, they join in on the fun.Created in 1989, the USA TODAY Ad Meter has been regarded as the most influential Super Bowl ad rating in the advertising industry. USA TODAY Ad Meter does not sponsor and is not affiliated with the contest. PepsiCo's relationship with the NFL is among the company's longest running and most successful sports sponsorships. PepsiCo leverages its sponsorship with the NFL to connect with consumers throughout the season, culminating at the Super Bowl with exciting activations by the company's largest food and beverage brands. Examples include:
- Pepsi sponsored the Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show in New Orleans featuring global music icon Beyonce, bringing Pepsi's signature style of consumer engagement to pop culture's biggest stage.
- The national Pepsi NFL Anthems program brought to life original anthems for seven iconic NFL teams and featured some of today's most talented musical artists and players.
- The NFL PLAY 60 Super Bowl Contest presented by Quaker offered once-in-a-lifetime prizes to inspire kids who make eating right and physical fitness a priority, with one grand prize winner selected to go to Super Bowl XLVII and run the game ball onto the field.
- Gatorade and the Gatorade Sports Science Institute have been working closely with 11 NFL rookies this year to help guide their fueling plans and help improve performance, with each rookie's story documented in a web series called "Everything to Prove" on NFL.com.
- Since 1983, Gatorade has partnered with the NFL to fuel its athletes across all 32 teams. For Super Bowl XLVII, Gatorade fueled the two competing teams with a highly-visible sidelines presence as well as a fuel presence in the locker rooms and training facilities.
- Through the Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Week program, fans voted for a stand-out Rookie each week of the 2012 NFL regular season and finalists throughout the month of January, leading up to the announcement of the Pepsi MAX NFL Rookie of the Year in New Orleans the night before the Super Bowl.
- All season long, the "Make Your Game Day Official" promotion gave consumers who capture Frito-Lay snacks and Pepsi beverages together a chance to win official NFL prizes, including a trip to Super Bowl XLVII.
- NFL and Super Bowl-branded Pepsi packaging, national product displays with Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade, and local New Orleans-themed point-of-sale materials engage fans in the marketplace.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV