PLANO, Texas, Feb. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Doritos brand gave two fans the opportunity to showcase their filmmaking talent on the world's biggest advertising stage when it aired their consumer-created Doritos commercials during tonight's Super Bowl XLVII broadcast. Depending on how the spots rank on the USA TODAY Ad Meter, either fan could win a $1 million bonus prize and the career-changing opportunity to work with acclaimed film director Michael Bay on the next installment of the blockbuster "Transformers" movie franchise from Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, set to be released on June 27, 2014. This marks the seventh year in a row consumers have created Super Bowl ads for Doritos, one of the flagship brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division.
The two ads that aired were (in alphabetical order by finalist last name):
- "Goat 4 Sale" by Ben Callner
- "Fashionista Daddy" by Mark Freiburger
"We've always felt that the Doritos brand should be shaped by its fans, and we're proud to give them this unmatched stage and one of the boldest opportunities possible to spotlight their talents year over year," said Ram Krishnan, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "We are so proud of our finalists and can't wait to see how they stack up on the Ad Meter rankings."
"Both of these Doritos spots are original and creative, and I'm really looking forward to working with one of the winners," said Bay, who began his career as a creative force in the advertising world and is now one of Hollywood's boldest and most bankable feature film directors with a repertoire that includes such blockbuster hits as the "Transformers" franchise, "Armageddon," " Pearl Harbor," "Bad Boys" and " The Rock."The two ads that aired were among five finalist ads selected by the Doritos brand from thousands of submissions received as part of the contest. One of the ads that aired was determined by America's votes; the other was selected by the Doritos brand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV