Baltimore Ravens Win Super Bowl XLVII
Then, less than two minutes into the quarter, play paused when lights in part of the New Orleans Superdome lost power. Play didn't resume for more than half an hour.
After catching a pass, 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree busted through a pair of tacklers to deliver a touchdown, narrowing the score to 28-13.
The 49ers followed with another quick touchdown after Ravens quarterback Flacco got sacked, forcing his team to punt.
Later, with about four minutes left in the third quarter, Ravens Ray Rice fumbled the ball, ceding possession again to the 49ers.The 49ers' David Ayers then scored a field goal for 3 points, further narrowing the score, to 28-23. The Ravens came close to the end zone with a later drive, but after Flacco was nearly sacked, they went for a field goal, and Justin Tucker's kick left the score at 31-23. Close to the end zone, Kaepernick ran for it, scoring a touchdown, although San Francisco missed the 2-point conversion, putting the score at 31-29. Kaepernick's 15-yard run was the longest by a quarterback for touchdown in Super Bowl history, according to CBSSports. The Ravens later scored a field goal, bringing the score to 34-29. Then on a 49er push, running back Frank Gore powered up the side of the field to nearly score a touchdown. San Francisco failed to score in the next plays, and the Ravens took back the ball with less than two minutes remaining. The Ravens intentionally took a safety, giving the 49ers two more points, for a final score of 34-29.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV