The Midwest and East Coast miniburger palace, the Beastie Boys' muse and Harold and Kumar's sacred feeding ground usually has no problems doling out sacks of 10 or cardboard "Crave Case" briefcases filled with dozens of burgers to anyone willing to make the pilgrimage.
Unless they want to drop by on Valentine's Day, when they'll need to hit the White Castle website and make a reservation.For their trouble, White Castle couples get a $10 "share-a-meal" served on plastic red tablecloths set with candles and flowers in collapsible take-home vases.This year, the package includes a free digital photo that gets posted on the chain's site after March 1 and keepsake menus to mark the occasion. While there's plenty of room for questions about the romantic value of a meal that tends to settle like a cannonball in the stomach a few hours later, a White Castle Valentine's date is worth the agita if only to see the confused, bloodshot look on the regular clientele's faces when they come in and see the glowing candles and flush decor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV