The message boards are on fire and social channels are buzzing. Dead Space™ 3 hits retail shelves on Tuesday and already fans are out in full force, demonstrating their excitement for the game. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that the Dead Space 3 consumer demo is being enjoyed by close to two million players this weekend across Xbox Live® Marketplace and the PlayStation®Network, a double digit increase over Dead Space 2. Fans are sharing their enthusiasm for the game across all social channels. Last week alone, EA saw more than 100,000 mentions of the game across social media, and earned close to 90,000 new “likes” on Facebook, bringing the total Dead Space community on Facebook to 1.4 million. Retail indicators suggest that pre-sells are ahead of expectations and game critics have also spoken, placing the title on more than 30 “Best of 2013” lists. In all, Dead Space 3 is in position to become the first big blockbuster of 2013 when it launches this Tuesday.
The Dead Space 3 demo offers players early, free access to the game that critics worldwide have recognized for incredible craftsmanship in horror, action, suspense and sound design. In the demo, players are plunged into deep space as Isaac Clarke, and his co-op companion Sergeant John Carver, crash land on an unforgiving ice planet teeming with deadly Necromorphs. The demo, like the game, boasts a spine-tingling single-player campaign that can also be experienced with a friend in co-op, and the most sophisticated weapons crafting system of this generation. On the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, players can add voice to the experience and amplify the immersion with Kinect™.
Dead Space 3 launches in North America on February 5 on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC via Origin.com and on February 8 in Europe. Pre-order the PC digital download version of the game on Origin.com and receive the original PC digital version of Dead Space* at no additional costs. Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/deadspace. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deadspace. For additional information and news, visit www.deadspace.com. Additional information and assets are available at http://www.info.ea.com.
* Offer expires on February 5. See here for more details.About Electronic Arts Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV